RUNVAN® is proud to support charity through its RUN4HOPE program, which has now helped runners raise more than $15 million for charity. You may contribute to a charitable cause close to you, and also RUN4HOPE, at the BMO Vancouver Marathon. Charity runners who fundraise a minimum $400 receive 20% of their race entry returned.
As a local non-profit, RUNVAN® is also proud of its work in the community. Through various initiatives, RUNVAN® also assists aspiring elite athletes, youth, and those who may face financial barriers to participation in the sport.
RUNVAN® delivers a number of unique initiatives including the following:
- RUNVAN® Ambassador program that gives back to community
- Free weekly downtown RUNVAN® club
- Free youth running clinics with a focus on creating fun, social running experiences for youth
- Discounted race entry for youth, students and seniors
- Support of those who may face financial barriers to participation, including donation of clothing
- Support of elite athletes and aspiring Canadian elites
- RUNVAN® volunteer program training nearly 4,000+ volunteers annually
- RUN4HOPE charity program
RUNVAN® aims to foster the growth of healthy, active communities in British Columbia and across Canada by offering accessible running events that encourage year round participation. Runners aren’t required, either. You may run, cheer or volunteer, or check out the many free community events open to the general public.
RUNVAN® supports nearly 4,000 volunteers in rewarding roles annually, has helped RUN4HOPE participants raise more than $15 million for charity, and engages community members through fun pre and post-race initiatives including a free Health & Sports Expo, plus free Street Festivals for all to enjoy.