First HalfPresented by BlueShore Financial
Canada’s Fastest Half
What started as a build-up to the BMO Vancouver Marathon, the First Half presented by BlueShore Financial has become a staple event in the city’s vibrant running culture. Canada’s Fastest Half Marathon offers a stunning out-and-back course past Sunset Beach, and along the Seawall towards Stanley Park before returning to the Roundhouse Community Centre in historic Yaletown. After 30 successful years with the Pacific Road Runners, the ‘First Half’ joined the RUNVAN® family in 2019 and continues to be a perfect training race leading up to the city’s only Marathon in May.
This event is known to sell-out quickly and is at capacity once again. Next in-person race: Sunday, February 11, 2024
View course map
View Race kit
A waterfront out-and-back course, the First Half presented by BlueShore Financial is a scenic, 21.1KM route that takes place in Vancouver, BC. Kicking off near the Roundhouse Community Centre, the First Half continues out past Sunset Beach, along the Seawall, and back towards the historic Yaletown neighbourhood. For the Virtual Races, you’re asked to please find your own pedestrian-friendly race courses and always be alert of pedestrian and vehicle traffic.
Half Marathon, 10KM, 5KM and new Triple Crown options
Package Pickup will be available at Forerunners. Times to be confirmed.
Half Marathon, 10KM, 5KM, and new Triple Crown options
- Tech tee for all registered runners
- Race medal for the in-person Half Marathon 21.1KM
- Bonus medal, socks and toque with the Triple Crown
- Race Bib with timing chip for the in-person event
- $25 off at Forerunners (min. $75 spend)
- Stanley Park Brewing beer if of age
- Nuun treat (in-person pickup only)
- Ability to donate to Variety, the children’s charity
- Race Results and Leaderboards