Great TrekA Jaunt Through Musqueam Territory
The Last Great Run of the Year
The Great Trek has been a staple race in the Vancouver running community for years – formerly the Fall Classic. In partnership with the University of British Columbia, the Great Trek pays homage the Great Trek of 1922, where students marched to their current campus. This popular Vancouver event features races for everyone with a Half Marathon, 10KM and 5KM route, plus a Hat-trick option with bonus prizes if you run all three races. Join the run community and end your running season on a high note – clock a personal best time for the year or come just for the fun!
View course map
View Race kit
21.1KM, 10KM or 5KM
On Musqueam territory, the Great Trek features gorgeous running routes under colourful fall foliage, and a tour through the beautiful university campus. All three distances share a Start and Finish Line near the AMS Student Nest and the Half Marathon and 10KM routes run out towards the UBC Endowment Lands. Combo all three events for the Hat-trick.
Save when you register early for the Half Marathon, 10KM, 5KM, or challenging RUNVAN® Hat-trick totalling 36.1KM. Your race entry comes loaded with extra bonuses.
Forerunners Main St
Your race kit includes lots of bonuses so be sure to grab your kit at Package Pickup.
Dates and location subject to change.
You may run your Great Trek Virtual Race anytime between October 16-31 and upload your results during this time frame. The in-person race is scheduled for Saturday, October 23.
The Great Trek is traditionally held in late October.
- Great Trek gloves
- Measured and marked courses if In-Person
- Race Bib with Timing Chip if In-Person
- Race Medal included with all In-Person Races
- Race Medal is optional with the Virtual Races
- Bonus Medal if you complete the Hat-trick
- Race Wrap and Great Trek toque with the Hat-trick
- $25 off at Forerunners (minimum $75 spend)
- Stanley Park Beer (in-person pickup only, if of age)
- Nuun Hydration (in-person pickup only)
- Opportunity to donate or fundraise for charity
- Race Results, leaderboards and more!